One the best things about winter is being able to cozy up with a soft blanket and a hot cuppa. So let’s make our next tea break an exotic health tonic that is sure to warm us up and tickle our taste-buds.
This delightful vegan friendly latte (obviously dairy free too) is enriched with warming spices, heaped with an entourage of healing qualities from antioxidant to anti-inflammatory and packed with the power to ease viral infections, osteoarthritis, heart disease, indigestion and the list goes on.
So provided you like the taste there are plenty of reasons why this hot tonic may make it to the top of your favourites list.
The following measurements are variable based on how spicy you like it, we suggest starting with the smaller amounts and playing with it until you get it just right you!
- Turmeric – fresh 3cm piece peeled or 3/4 tsp of ground
- Ginger – fresh 2cm piece peeled or 1/4-1/2 tsp of ground
- Cinnamon – 1 stick or 1/2-3/4 tsp of ground
- Cardamon – 3 pods or a pinch of ground
- Pepper – small pinch of ground
- Honey – optional (or coconut syrup for vegan friendly)
- Milk – your choice of Almond, Rice, Coconut or Soy
- Add the milk to a small pot and heat on low temperature.
- Add the turmeric, cinnamon stick, cardamon pods, raw honey or coconut syrup, and pepper and stir frequently for about 3 minutes until the milk is warm, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and take out the cinnamon stick. You can reuse it a couple of times. Strain the milk either through a strainer or small colander.
- Add more raw honey or coconut syrup for taste.
- Optional – you may want to go all out and froth the milk after all it is a ‘latte’, if you don’t have a conventional milk frother try a quick whisk or pour a portion of your milk into a coffee plunger and plunge up and down a few times to aerate.
Kick back and relax, take a moment to breath in the delicious armoas of your healing, exotic tea before you devour with a warm glow.
Thanks Mana Kitchen for the winter warming Turmeric Latte www.manaretreat.com